Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thomas Keller chicken

About a year and a half ago, my coworker Kevin introduced me to the magic that is Thomas Keller's favorite chicken recipe. Thomas Keller is the chef of the French Laundry fame and this recipe is what he says that he makes for his family - simple, yet delicious.

The first meal that I ever cooked for Dave was this salty, crusty delicious chicken, mashed potatoes, and honeyed carrots. Tonight I surprised him by making it again. It was just as delicious as I remembered.

We ate about a fourth of the meat on this 5 lb chicken, and then took the rest to make chicken and leek pie tomorrow night for dinner. We then took the bones and boiled them with carrots and celery to make chicken stock. It is almost done now...

p.s. thanks Mrs. M for getting this oval dutch oven for Dave! My mom gave me the round one several years ago (also in red) and the oval one is a lovely addition to our le creuset family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails